Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Co.
58 Beechwood Avenue , New Rochelle , NY - 10801
Corporate Operation Production Manager
· Optimize the use of human, equipment, material and various facilities resources in meeting and/or exceeding established production goals in our tree, shrub and landscaping service company. Lead and supervise the hourly production team members and supervisors and optimize the use of all resources in meeting or exceeding established production goals.
· Researching, qualifying, purchasing and incorporating such equipment, supplies, materials, chemicals, fertilizers etc. company wide and establishing proper inventory systems with controls.
· Direct and coordinate all production activities to attain production goals consistent with high quality, cost effective and job completion requirements.
· Oversee the production arborists and the execution of daily production schedules, personnel requirements, quality control, and the application of the production standards and safety programs.
· Ensure that scheduled completion dates are within minimum work in process time consistent with the proper utilization of the facilities. Direct and initiate correction action to clear the obstacles that cause delays of the production.
· Communicate and drive the company objectives. Establish production goals and objectives to meet company strategies and goals.
- Supervise and manage daily department activities in order to meet production goals for Safety, Quality, Job Completion, and Cost.
- Plan and coordinate the assignment of hourly team members and supervisors to meet production demands.
- Coordinate communication between production department and other departments of the company to include logistics, maintenance, fleet, materials, purchasing, IT and accounting.
- Ensure all team members are properly trained and practicing all industry safety requirements.
- Ensure the maintenance of all production equipment and support equipment.
- Hire, train, and supervise hourly team members in the production areas. Motivate and develop them to reach/exceed agreed upon objectives. Perform periodic reviews of their overall performance and progress toward meeting their objectives.
- Utilize all resources (people, equipment, materials, and the facility) to their maximum potential to give the company its greatest return on its investment.
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping, for all team members.
- Support efforts by the Executive team members to strive for continuous improvement.
- Manage all facilities including each branch yard/facility and various Real Estate ventures.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the CEO.
Note: The above Essential Functions truly revolve around establishing yourself as a Corporate Establishment Officer. You will be required to work “through” supervisors and key employees in order to successfully implement and enforce quality controls.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervise (from a corporate point of view) approximately (14) Arborists, (4) Branch Managers, (1) fleet manager, (4) mechanics and various other key employees and indirectly supervise approximately up to 100 hourly employees in the production and contributing supportive areas as outlined above. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the production team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Note: Establishing, implementing and monitoring specific projects and systems will be a major focus.
Some of our benefits include:
· Medical/Dental Plan
· Incentive Plan (TBD based upon targets, goals and efficiencies realized on the bottom line)
· 401-K Savings Plan with company matching
· Paid Holidays & Paid Vacations