Plant Health Care Supervisor
Mead Tree & Turf Care Inc
Woodbine, MD 21797 , Woodbine , MD - 21797
Mead Tree & Turf Care, a TCIA Accredited company, has been providing professional, safe, quality tree and landscape services for Maryland, DC & Northern VA for over 35 years. We are currently seeking an experienced Plant Health Care Supervisor.
The Plant Health Care Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of day-to-day operations, training and supervision of 3-4 PHC and Turf crews performing nutrient management, insect and disease control, and IPM services.
The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of current pest and disease treatment options and methods, will also be able to identify common landscape plants and trees, and will be able to scout and inspect properties for pest/disease and prescribe the best treatment program. Related college degree and/or ISA certified arborist credential is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- 3+ years’ experience in the plant health care field
- Detailed knowledge of trees, landscape plants, turf and related pests, diseases, and cultural issues
- Create daily schedules for PHC crews
- Communicate with clients and crew-members in a positive and professional manner
- Supervise and train crew members
- Oversee chemical management and related paperwork
- Supervise maintenance of PHC equipment
- Assist in evaluation of crew performance
- Conduct quality control inspections and make applications to both turf and IPM properties as necessary
- Maintain appropriate credentials, certifications, and licenses
- ISA Certified Arborist, related college degree a plus
- Has or ability to get a CDL license
- Maintain current licenses and certifications
- Actively participate in continuing education opportunities
- Assist with company in-service training sessions
- Maintain proficiency in use of computer applications necessary for job performance
- Meet weekly with management staff
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Mead Tree & Turf Care offers benefits including health insurance, paid holidays and leave, and a 401K plan.