Internal Relations Administrative Assistant
Laytonsville, MD, US , Laytonsville , MD -
Ruppert Landscape is seeking an Administrative Assistant to handle the coordination of programs/initiatives that recognize the
contributions and milestones of our employees, and help support our branches with centralized ordering and coordination efforts.
The qualified candidate should have 1-2 years’ experience in employee relations and/or administrative positions with the ability to
work out of our headquarters in Laytonsville, Maryland.
• Lead monthly employee recognition administrative projects (including birthday cards and anniversary letter coordination)
• Handle additional employee related items such as ordering/distributing baby gifts, thank you and condolence cards, flowers, holiday cards and gifts etc.
• Maintaining press clip books
• Scheduling/coordinating of photos and video footage (used for newsletters, wall art, awards, year-end video etc.)
• Be point person for advertising requests (provide text, context etc to graphic designer and manage process with branches)
• Develop new/organize existing customer database and excel lists for event, newsletter and holiday card mailings.
• Coordination of all company literature ordering from letterhead and envelopes to employee handbooks marketing materials.
• Strong writing skills/proofreading skills, which could translate into some additional PR opportunities like writing newsletter articles, social media posts etc.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Provide event planning support as needed in areas such as invitation design and mailing, attendance tracking, vendor coordination and set up.
The qualified candidate should….
• Possess great people skills have a good-natured, cooperative attitude and a desire to be personally connected with others on the job.
• Demonstrate an excellent work ethic and a "coachable" demeanor that allows for continual improvement.
• Have a strong attention to detail and be thorough in completing all work tasks.
• Have a positive business attitude, like the rest of our enthusiastic staff.
• Be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of the collective team. Need strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Be very articulate (with strong written and verbal communication skills), have a sense of humor, be easygoing but very disciplined. We need a culture fit!
Our corporate culture is defined by a strong work ethic, conscientiousness, community service, a positive image, commitment to safety, profitability and above all else, a respect for one another. The Internal Relations Administrative Assistant position offers medical insurance, 401k, paid time off and other benefits. Ruppert Landscape, an employee/family owned business, provides commercial landscape construction and management in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina and Texas from 20 branch offices and has a long-standing tradition of giving back to the community. Visit us at www.ruppertlandscape.com.